We have a superb opportunity for a talented Mechanical Design Engineer to join one of the UK’s leading manufacturers of Commercial Kitchen Ventilation Systems.
Whilst in this role you will gain exposure to many of the most exciting hospitality, catering and construction companies, working on projects for Gino D’Acampo Worldwide Restaurants, Gordon Ramsay Group, Kier Construction and Synergy Property Group to name a few.
The role will appeal to candidates who want to work at the forefront of precision mechanical systems and have a track record of being a strong contributor within teams, designing basic and intricate ventilation systems.
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
- 28 days holidays + stats
- Potential and desire to develop into a higher-level position
Working on projects from £5000-£500,000 in value, The Mechanical Engineer will design, implement and oversee the installation of:
- Commercial Kitchen Extract Hoods & Systems
- Commercial Kitchen Ventilation
- Air Handling Units
- General Building Ventilation
- Toilet Ventilation
- Air conditioning systems
- Design systems for new buildings or retrofit energy efficient systems to existing structures.
- Designing or overseeing the design of HVAC systems to meet specifications,
- Coordinating budgets,
- Meeting with clients and overseeing technicians.
- This person will create or revise technical drawings,
- Troubleshoot issues on jobs and help with bidding,
- While focusing on energy efficiency.
The role will appeal to candidates who want to work at the forefront of precision mechanical systems and have a track record of being a strong contributor within teams, designing basic and intricate ventilation systems
- Strong “can do” attitude with a hunger to learn and expand their knowledge & capabilities
- Proven experience using a range of 3D CAD/CAM technologies
- Desire to take their design and prove its function through construction, testing, supporting calculations and documentation and production.
- Experience of designing commercial ventilation systems
- Design & CAD experience essential
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Passionate about all aspects of new technologies
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated, with the drive & desire to create excellent systems.
- Good communication & interpersonal skills as this role works closely across cross functional internal teams and with customers